These are my resolutions for 2017. I’ll add more resolutions and descriptions as I think of them.
1. Floss daily.
Pretty self-explanatory. The dentist told me I should floss not once a week, not every other day like I have been, but EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Let’s see how this one goes.
2. Be more assertive.
‘Assertive’ includes things like:
- not saying hello in such a soft voice that no one can hear,
- kindly speaking up when I think my coworker is making a mistake or forgot to mention something
- not worrying too much about saying/texting the right thing, getting back in touch with friends
- not second-guessing myself all the time and try to trust that people will be friendly and polite if I strike up a conversation
3. Finish the first draft of my novel.
4. Exercise at least three times a week.
5. Read and watch more non-fiction.
This also means not being intimidated by learning facts and history, not being afraid of confusion like I suspect I have been in the past.
6. Try to read or watch the news every day.
7. Take a refresher driving course.
8. Do better at managing my temper.
9. Now that Trump is President-Elect, I’m going to try even harder to stay informed, to show kindness and generosity, to be an example of forgiveness and understanding. To not be complacent, to distinguish myself.